Speleotherapy (from the Latin word "spelenca" - a cave) is one of the oldest methods of aerotherapy treatments. This method of treatment of many health conditions is based on placing human beings in the microclimate of salt caves. As a result of clinical research of salt cave microclimate and its impact on human health, an innovative, 100% natural, drug-free method of treatment - Halotherapy (from Greek word "halos" - salt) was born modeling the main microclimate parameters of the salt mines / caves.
Speleotherapy is a 100% natural, non invasive method
The microclimate of our salt cave on the premises of speleocenter effectively influences the entire human body as a whole. This is one of the most active, drug-free, non-invasive natural methods of treatment of respiratory and other health conditions based on enhancing of protective forces of the whole human organism under the influence of dry aerosol microparticles of sodium chloride.
The effectiveness of the method is 85% - 90% in adults and 95-98% in children with the following respiratory and related health conditions:
- Bronchial asthma of varying severity - Natural asthma treatments
- Pneumonia after acute stage
- Chronic non-obstructive and obstructive bronchitis
- Frequent acute respiratory disease, chronic tonsillitis after acute stage
- Sinusitis, pharyngitis, stuffy nose, allergic rhinitis - Treatment of allergic rhinitis
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Postoperative rehabilitation and recovery - Depression treatment
- Diseases of the skin (eczema, dermatitis, allergic dermatitis, pollinosis) - Dermatology
- Psoriasis - Alternative treatment of psoriasis
- Hypertensive heart disease I and II-A stage
- Neuroses and neurosis conditions in diseases of internal organs
- Cardiovascular disease
- Symptoms of depression - Depression treatment
- Cough, chest congestion, sore throat
- Diseases of the endocrine system, immune system, hormonal problems
- Chronic fatigue, insomnia - Depression treatment
- Cleaning respiratory system of a smoker - Smoking
- Fungus problems (prevention and treatment) - Dermatology
The uniqueness of our methodology is largely defined by a combination of the patient's stay on the premises where surfaces (walls and floor) are covered by healing salt minerals, replicating the real microclimate of salt mines with aerosol produced from the well known Solotvino and Himalayan salt minerals, as well as Dead Sea salts.
This is the first combination of equipment and technology of its kind in Canada.
The healing parameters of salt caves are intensified by the accompanying mental relaxation programs, which include listening to the unique healing music and nature sounds (rainfall, birds singing, etc.), as well as passages of suggestive psychotherapy effectively stabilizing the human nervous system providing a positive psycho-emotional impact on patients.
Our highly professional staff will do everything possible to make your eyes light up with the joy of healthy life!
Our speleocenter has a convenient childrens' playground equipped with multiple toys. Children are also shown cartoons on DVD.
Parents or guardians escorting children attend halotherapy sessions in salt cave free of charge.