Halotherapy - is a scientifically based and clinically proven method of treatment of respiratory and other diseases based on the rehabilitation effects of salt mines. The overwhelming majority of all salt minerals formed 230 million years ago. The minerals bring to the surface information from the past.
Halotherapy is a 100% natural, non invasive method of treatment.
Numerous studies conducted in leading medical institutions, deploying speleocenters equipped with aerosol halogenerators, defined multiple therapeutic effects in a vide variety spectrum of diseases.
Halotherapy is recommended for treating the following respiratory diseases:
- Chronic, non-obstructive and obstructive bronchitis
- Bronchial asthma of various severity
- Atopic asthma
- Chronic pneumonia, mukovitsidoz
- Chronic respiratory diseases
- Frequent colds
- Chronic rhinitis, tonzillitis (angina),
- Inflammation of the nasal sinuses (frontal sinusitis, sinusitis), adenoids
- Pharyngitis, sinusitis, stuffy nose
- Cough, chest congestion, sore throat
Halotherapy is also recommended for treatment of the other diseases:
- Skin problems (eczema, dermatitis, allergic dermatitis, psoriasis, pollinosis)
- Neuroses and neurosis conditions, fatigue
- Hypertensive heart disease - I and II-A stage
- Symptoms of depression, insomnia, stress, weak joint pain of any origin
- Autoimmune problems, allergies
Halotherapy is favourable in case of:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Diseases of the endocrine system, immune system, hormonal disorders
The following positive effects are the result of halotherapy treatment:
- Increased respiratory ventilation; anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic effect
- Normalization of the functional state of the central nervous system,
- Reduced fatigue, slight sedative hypnotic effects, anti-stress effect
- Stimulation of carbohydrate, protein and water metabolism, increase the synthesis of enzymes, decrease of blood sugar
- Reduction of blood pressure, improved microcirculation; spasmolytic effect
- Immunomodulating effect, restoration of acid-base balance
Halotherapy employs the following mechanism of action resulting in patients' partial or complete recovery. Negatively charged particles (up to 3-5 microns) of sodium chloride aerosol dispersed by halogenerator penetrate deeply into the human respiratory tract, causing restorative and preventive action as well as bactericidal and bacteriostatic effect on respiratory system, especially on the epithelium of the trachea and bronchi, thereby facilitating mocolitic action and improving respiratory tract drainage. Halotherapy reduces pathogens in the respiratory tract, reduces the activity of the inflammatory processes (with respect to biochemical indicators of blood).
The salt cave microclimate created with help of unique combination of salt minerals brought from Dead Sea (Israel), Himalayan and Solotvino salt mines to cover the walls and the floor of salt chamber as well as halogenerator dispersing the salt aerosol reduce the activity of infectious-inflammatory processes in respiratory organs, stimulates protective and immune systems of the patient.
Due to the antibacterial and hypoallergenic air environment, less pressure is applied on the human immune system. The microclimate normalizes the level of histamine in the blood, stabilizes protein and carbohydrate exchanges, and facilitates normal function of external respiration.
The fungiostatic bactericidal effect of negative ions should be noted. A multitude of clinical research confirms the positive effects of air ionization against viruses and bacteria.
The combined curative effects of the salt cave positively influence the immune system.
People often perceive speleo/halotherapy only as a method of treating respiratory health conditions. Successfully treating a wide range of other diseases in a salt cave dismisses this misconception. For example speleotherapy/halotherapy is quite beneficial for patients in the postoperative rehabilitation period, for treatment of skin problems and endocrinology. The well-known and respected doctor of medical sciences, professor I.P. Neumyvakin explains the effect of speleotherapy/halotherapy by the fact that all functional systems of the human body are "reshuffled" to adapt to the specific characteristics of the microclimate of salt cave.
Note that our speleocenter creates a unique microclimate with three types of salt minerals - Dead Sea salt, Himalayan salt and Solotvino salt mines that are disperses by galogenerator.
It is well known that Himalayan salt contains up to 84 microelements useful for the human body.
Thus, this relatively slow, natural way of treatment effectively changes the physical environmental factors that cause nonspecific reaction of adaptation and revitalization of all protective forces. That's enough to break the cycle of biochemical and physiological chains in a sick body.
Contradictions of Speleo / Halotherapy:
- Acute stage of any diseases
- High fever, bleeding, intoxication
- Post heart attack or stroke conditions
- Kidney diseases in the acute stage
Visiting our speleocenter it should be remembered:
- In wet weather to bring a change of shoes or thick socks
- For 20-30 minutes before the session do not smoke, do not eat
- At sessions for adults in salt cave maintain complete silence. Kids in children's sessions are offered toys and may view cartoons on TV
- For 8-10 hours before the session not to take alcohol (including alcoholic drinks and beer)
Our speleocenter is a fragrance free environment. Perfumes, toilet water, etc. are not allowed on our premises. Please keep in mind that the smell of sweat would interfere with other patients during halotherapy session.
Every patient of speleocenter is offered:
- A disposable gown (over everyday clothes)
- Disposable boot covers
- A disposable cap
- Disposable bags for purse
- If you forgot your spare shoes, we will offer you a new pair of socks
These items are discarded after use in a special container.
If you visit the speleotsenter for the treatment of skin or hair diseases – it is recommend not wearing a cap and gown over your clothes.